1. Systemic use
Dexamethasone Kalceks solution for injection/infusion is often used following emergency treatment initiated at high dose:
- Treatment and prophylaxis of cerebral oedema in brain tumours (postoperatively and after X ray radiation) and after spinal cord trauma.
- State of anaphylactic shock (e.g. contrast medium reaction) in combination with adrenaline, antihistamines and appropriate volume replacement (caution: mixed syringes).
- Polytraumatic shock / prophylaxis of post-traumatic shock lung.
- Severe exacerbations of asthma (only with concomitant sympathomimetics).
- Acute severe dermatosis (e.g. pemphigus vulgaris, erythroderma).
- Severe blood diseases (e.g. acute thrombocytopenic purpura, haemolytic anaemia, as concomitant medication as part of leukaemia treatments).
- As second line treatment for acute adrenocortical insufficiency (Addisonian crisis).
Dexamethasone Kalceks is indicated in the treatment of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) in adult and adolescent patients (aged 12 years and older with body weight at least 40 kg) who require supplemental oxygen therapy.
2. Local use
- Periarticular and infiltrative therapy, e.g. in periarthritis scapulohumeralis, epicondylitis, bursitis, tendovaginitis, styloiditis.
- Intraarticular injection, e.g. in rheumatoid arthritis, if individual joints are affected or respond inadequately to systemic treatment, accompanying inflammatory reactions in rheumatoid arthritis.
Prescription medication. Information for healthcare professionals only. For full information about the medicine, see the Summary of Product Characteristics.
Advertising developed or revised (02.2023). Advertiser: AS Kalceks.